My latest Post.

This view,this beauty
A tear unbidden
Creeps into my eye.

My stay is short
But I shall return to this place
If only my life is long enough.

Such beauty
Gazing upon it
I hope my years are many.

Bokusui Wakayama.

Monday, October 3, 2011

An Introduction.

   "This Piece of Rock ......or what is known as Planet Earth"? What sort of name is that for a blog?  


   These must be some of the many questions you are asking yourself. Or me. It is a bit unusual, isn't it? But, there again, once you have finished reading this, my first post, you should come to understand why I named it such.                                                                                                                                             


   You see I don't want this blog to be only about me, and what I am doing or how I feel about a topic - although in saying that,  from time-to-time I will share with you snippets of what I am doing - I want it to be about a whole raft of topics. In some ways I will use this to rant-and-rave about whatever.


   Now, to bring you a little bit closer to the name, and why I chose it. You see, I regard myself as a Pacifist.  But my views aren't just related to the opposition to violence and wars. My feelings cover a much larger area. I am opposed to the things that we, the Human Race, do that create disharmony on this planet. Whether it be to our fellow humans, the members of the animal kingdom, the environment, the planet +++++. 


   I'm not necessarily into criticizing those that commit ill-doings, but recognizing and praising those that protect and preserve what we have here. Take for instance the following - "Save the Kiwi Foundation". and 1,000th Kiwi Hatched. With this species of Kiwi close to extinction this is great news,and those responsible should have their efforts recognized.
   I uploaded from a post on "Facebook". Thanks "Florida Biking" for sharing this.It sums-up how I feel.


   I will cover issues like mans-inhumanity-to-man, as was the case in the recent execution of  - Troy Davis (although the issue here is execution as a form of punishment/deterrent).


   When we look at environment issues we tend to look at the big issues that are affecting us. Like pollution, Global Warming, Weapons-of-mass destruction, deforestation +++. I plan to look at the smaller issues that don't seem to get much publicity, like litter and those that go to great lengths to dispose of it illegally, without being caught - I'm not just talking about the fast-food wrappers that are left lying in the gutter.


   I think by now you are getting the gist of what my blog will be about. I hope you enjoy reading my posts and please feel free to comment and, if you are a blogger, please connect. I shall now go away and think about my next post.


                                Thank-you very much and have a good day,


                                                                 Ross-Barry.


    

1 comment:

  1. I think I just found my new favorite blog.

    You go, Barry!! Excellent looking blogsite!!

    ReplyDelete